Fever, tingling sensation in legs. Prescribed glimestar medication. Blood test shows high sugar. Cure?

Hi Doctor, My Name is. I was feeling fever for past few days and tingling sensation in legs. I approached a general physcian and he adviced me to go for Master Health Check Up yesterday. Shockingly my fast blood sugar is 160 and he advised me to go for Hba1C test and the result is 6.7. He confirmed me diabetic after examinig my urine examination and sugar is 0.5% .He asked me to take glimestar thrice a day before meals. PLease advice me about my health condition.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013