Fever, sore throat, mucus in nose and chest, swollen parotid glands, hypothyroid

I have been ill with a fever for 3 days, sore throat , mucous in nose and chest to blow or cough up. Have been doing salt gargles. Yesterday the fever fell somewhat but I noticed that all my parotoid glands were somewhat swollen and tender. Awaking today, the ones under my jaw and the left one by my ear have fallen but are still tender and swollen. But the right parotoid is now very huge and painful. I had mumps as a child, but not in all the glands. I am now 57 years old. Only other health issue is hypothyroid , where I am working with a nutritionist to get off the Rx meds, which make me ill because of the side effects due to the inactive ingredients in the pills.
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012