Fever, chills, body aches, painful knees, shins, feet top. How to get relief?

last night i was up untill around 3:00 am with a fever horrible chills and body aches, then this morning when i woke up my knees, shins and tops of my feet are kiling me to the point its hard to stand up or walk...before i went to bed last night i was fine, i didnt feel sick in anyway and the chills started at around 11:30pm
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
Fever with chills and rigors occurs in pyogenic infections and in malaria.
Fever with chills are rigors are seen in urinary tract infections, cholangitis, meningitis, abscess in any part of the body, etc.
Malaria is one of the protozoal infection associated with periodic fever.
Fever is associated with chills and rigors.
The body aches are the constitutional symptoms which accompany any of the infections mentioned above.
You can tale paracetamol for symptomatic relief.
Consult your doctor as soon as possible for investigations and further management.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal