Fever, blood shoot eyes, runny nose, eye buggers, has headache and body aches. ER done viral fever. Treatment?

Hello - my 4 year old has had a fever for 6 days, he has blood shoot eyes, runny nose, eye buggers, and has been complaining of headache and bodyaches. We took him to the his ped and she sent him to the ER, after hours at the ER they sent us home and said it was a virul infection. No meds, no nothing. Two days later he still looks and feels miserable and the fever continues. What can I Do?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013