Fever, bad cough, pain in lungs, chemical taste in mouth. Due to spray painting?

I ve been spraying painting on and off all day everyday this week in a poorly ventilated area (garage). First 3 days I did not wear a mask. Last night my son got a fever and a bad cough (he was not around the fumes) I also got a fever & bad cough. Plus body aches and a horrible headache . The only thing is is that his cough doesn t hurt and mine is very painful deep in my chest/lungs. It also taste chemically. I m wondering if the spray paint has anything to do with this cough and is there anything I can or should do? I m a type 1 diabetic so I am going to go into my dr tomorrow but I am curious about this.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013