Feels light headed, dizzy and fast heartbeat while going upstairs, getting headache. What is the cause?

When I do the stairs, I get light headed, dizzy and my heart feels like it s beating really hard and fast. It fells like I can feel it in my throat because it s so hard. I also begin to get a headache if I do too many stairs. Why is this happening? I don t feel like this even after 45 minutes on the eliptical machines at the gym.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having dizziness, headache, fast hear beats while climbing upstairs...
All these symptoms indicate transient ischemic attacks and require evaluation to find out the underlying cause and treatment depending on the underlying cause.
Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.

Thank you