Feeling sharp sting in urethra, itchiness and frequent urination. Noticed drops of blood. UTI? Should I seek treatment?

hi, I am a 19 year old male of normal health.
the past couple days (following a few nights of sexual activity) I have been experiencing a sharp sting in my urethra when I urinate and constant itchiness in my urethra as well as a more frequent than typical urge to urinate although often very little comes out. These seem like typical urinary tract infection symptoms, although a few times I have noticed drops of blood come out while urinating and this is slightly more concerning than the itching and stinging. Is this typical of a UTI? Should I seek treatment and medication or will it pass shortly on its own?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013