Feeling pressure behind the eye, redness, headache. Swelling spreading to the neck. Infection?

A week ago I got a weepy red eye , with a feeling of pressure behind the eye accompanied by a headache just on that side. A few days later I noticed a bump on the jaw socket. It continues to swell and is sore. The swelling has grown into my neck . The eye is still red and weeping daily, particularly jn the morning, but goes down after an hour or so in the morning, though the eye stays irritated. Is it just an infection that needs to run it s course?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
As you have stated you seem to have probably developed an infection. However, the swelling that started from your jaw and has spread to your neck is concerning. It is important to know if the swelling is painful, if you have any fever, difficulty in opening the mouth, any discharge, any lymph node swelling and nature of swelling which can be determined on examination. Also you may require an FNAC of the swelling to determine its nature. The outcomes of these aspects will determine the further course of management.