Fall on the head, bruises, swelling, borderline dehydration, continuous dizziness, light headedness, ringing in ears. Any advice?

My 16 year old son had 1 1/2 hours of soccer practice Mon. night. Next morning while sitting in a chair, waiting for breakfast he fainted sideways and fell on the tile with his head. There was a bruise mark, and swelling. He stayed home from school that day, and drank about 7 pints of water. HE was still dizzy, so I took him to Baptist Urgent med. They noticed the bruise, did an EKG , and a CAT scan. They also took blood and urine, and noted he was borderlline dehydrated. My son does have a history of vasovagal syncope , so bad at one time that he had to do school at home online. This stopped, but it is Friday now, and he is so dizzy still, and afraid he will faint again. My son Steven said that even though the bruise from his head was on the right side of the dome of the skull , the worse pain is below, or where it is more soft. His pediatrician ordered an MRI, not for this but rather for an adenoma that was on his pituitary found 3 years ago. His doctor believes that dehyration should not have caused this fainting . The Urgent med doctor believes it may have added with Steven s past syncope problem. I am also asking for follow up with a neurologist and cardiologist, recommended by Urgent Care MD. He saw these specialists before including and endocrinologist , all were NEGATIVE. I am concerned because he is so dizzy, light headed, ringing in the ears. He is missing school. He said that yesterday while at home, he felt a sharp pain in his head, ringing in the ears, so he got down and made it to the bed half way and passed out for about 5-10minutes. Any advice? It is 6:41 am Eastern time, and he is very dizzy. I am thinking of taking him to ER today if it does not improve. Concussion? ..possible sensititivity to this fall due to his history of syncope.. Any comment would help . Thank you. Elizabeth ( wrorried mom)
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012