Fall on the ankle, CT scan showed fractured talus bone with heavy bruising, bone spurs. Advised to rest. Sufficient treatment?

Hello, I am an active, sporty 32 year old male with a very frustrating injury. In early August 2012 I went over on my ankle during a match. Very sore at first but no bruising or swelling . Limped on it for few weeks and then started physio. Continued with physio for 6-8 weeks not knowing what was wrong but showed signs of improvement and returned to light running and turning. However, was still sore and wasnt getting any better. Went for xray in October that didnt show anything wrong. Went for mri shortly after which showed damage to medial tendons with bruising to bone. Went to orthopedic consultant who suggested ct scan . Got CT scan December 2012 and just had meeting with consultant. He said that i fractured the talus bone and that there was also heavy bruising evident. He also said there is some bone spurs (footballers ankle - from repeat injury/over use) but that this was secondary and wasnt causing the pain. His recommendation is to rest, no cast or support and to return to him in February to check on progress. He thinks that it is healing and an operation would not speed up recovery process. I enquired about a cast or support but again he said they would not speed up recovery process. Just wondering is this treatment sufficient. Read more: Orthopedics Forum - Fractured Talus WWW.WWWW.WW Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012