Failure in complete expulsion of tissue post miscarriage, had taken vaginal pills. Ultrasound showed nil expulsion. Surgery required?

My sister-in-law recently experienced a miscarriage , she has not completly expelled the tissue from the pregnacy. She was given two pills to insert vaginally to expelle the tissue. Some of it expelled. She was then given two more pills, the same pills ( cytotec ) several days later and nothing was expelled. Upon an ultra sound two days later they saw nothing had been expelled and that her uterus was thickening? She goes back to the doctor today. Can you tell me a little of what she may expect? Possible surgery? If so is it possible they might have to do a hysteroscopy? Article Source: WWW.WWWW.WW
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012