Faded lines in pregnancy test. Does that mean positive? Cramps, bloated stomach, red discharge

Hello my name is Amber and I m 19 years old. December 2012 I didn t get my period, but I got my period the first week of January 2013. I took a pregnancy test just to see if I was or not pregnant. The first test I held under me as I did my morning pee. results came back with two faded lines meaning positive? wasn t sure about that test so i took another and it came back solid line negotive. i m really not sure what test to believe. but lately I ve noticed my face breaking out alot more, small cramps , bloated stomach and some reddish discharge . should i take another test to make sure? or would positive test mean that I am?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Mar 2013
Pregnancy tests taken at home are 97 % reliable, so there is always a slight margin of error.
Moreover, the technique of performing them also has an effect on the result - amount of urine, type of container, the time taken to read the result.
As you have got two equivocal tests, I suggest please do not take any more home pregnancy tests, as they would only confuse you further.
Since you DID have two lines on one test, please confirm with your gynecologist by an ultrasound / blood pregnancy test.
Sometimes, a failed pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy might cause such results.