Eyes don't blink when serious,watery eyes in 3 year old

hello, My 3 year old son wont blink his eyes when he is watching TV or seeing something very seriously, as a result his eyes start watering. Is it something serious?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear friend,

It is common that while watching TV or while driving that our blink rate goes down from normal 12 - 15 times a minute to 3-4 times a minute. Watching lots of television can lead to dryness and burning of eyes leading to reflex tearing. The things are not very serious but you can help him by indulging him in activities which can shift his focus away from television.