Eye pain, dry and itchy skin, swollen tonsils, white pus. Due to stress?

I have been feeling really run down over the past few weeks. I am tired to the point of aching eyes, my skin is dry and itchy and now my tonsils have become swollen and have a bit of white pus . I had blood tests two weeks ago as I was beginning to question thyroid issues (my sister has hypothyroidism ) but they came back normal. Last July I did suffer some stress with the death of my father in law, the diagnosis of Alzheimer s for my mother and then the sudden death of my father (within three weeks!!). People are telling me I am just run down because of this. But is this true? I had suffered bouts of tonsillitis up until about two years ago when I changed my diet and gave up most dairy and also eating a lot of wheat (my daughter is celiac ). This had seemed to have a really positive effect but now I am fed up to be feeling run down again. Any advice?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013