Extremely heavy bleeding a month after delivery. Is this normal?

is it normal a month after giving birth to be having my first period and soaking pads like its heavy bleeding blood like every hour? Also i seem to be bleeding so heavyly that im soaking my underwear when i sleep at night. I feel like i cant even get up from the toliet quick enough after using the bathroom to pull my pants up with out a mess.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Its quite normal. It occurs due to pelvic congestion induced because of increased vascularity during pregnancy.
It should settle on its own.
Start taking Hematinics and multi vitamins.
I hope there are no clotts.

In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Wishing you happy and healthy life

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak