Extreme swelling on the right butt cheek, dark colored bruise till the tailbone post a fall. What will bring the swelling down?

I fell down the stairs last Saturday ( the last five steps) and after day four days it s still extremely swollen on my right butt cheek and a dark coloured bruise has developed underneath the swelling which continues right around to the end of my tailbone, in a circular shape. Do you know of what it could be or how to bring the swelling down as its very sore to sit on or touch it. I ve been using arnica cream for the bruising and also taking ibruphen for the swelling which hasnt come down.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012