Extreme muscle pain and weakness in whole body, marble sized lumps at the back of skull. On steroid treatment and anti-inflammatory. Any ideas?

My husband has had extreme muscle pain and weakness in his arms for a couple weeks now. A few nights ago, I rushed him to the ER because the pain and weakness had moved to his whole body and he wasn't able to get out of bed. He also has had a difficult time swallowing and has over a dozen marble sized lumps on the back of his skull (occipital) that appeared overnight, and had doubled in size and amount within hours. The ER staff was baffled and had no idea. They gave him a steroid treatment (5 day) and anti-inflammatory. He started getting better for a couple days but everything is comin back now, lumps, pain, weakness, difficulty swallowing. Please help!!!!!!
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013