Extra piece of skin hanging from vagina after childbirth

hello, i was just wondering if you could answer a small concern i have please, i have a liuttle boy, aged ywo and half, and a little girl ages 7 months on christmas eve, after my daughter was born, i noticed an extra piece of skin just slighlty hanging away from my vagina , at the very back near th eopening, this wasnt there before, i did tear with my daughter and had to be stitched on the inside and outside... thankyou. Amanda
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Small vaginal tears are common during normal delivery and you also had one which was stiched.
This extra skin tag could be either due to improper stiching or improper healing of wound.
If it is bothering you,consult your gynaecologist and get it removed.
It is very small procedure can be done under local anaesthesia and it will take few minutes and you will be back home same day.
Hope this answers your question.