Exposure to shingles while pregnant. Never had chicken pox. Worry?

Hello, thank you very much for allowng me to consult with you. My enquiry is regarding exposure to shingles while preganant. I m 6 weeks pregnant and I visited a friend last Thursday night. I was supposed to go to the movies with her yerterday but I was feeling very fatigued so I cancelled. I spoke with her this morning and she tells me she s on her way to the walk in clinic because she has a rask like postules to bilateral flank sided of her body, it itches very much and it hurts. I m concerned about exposure, although she was not symptomatic when I saw her. I never had chicken pox and I was tested twice mre than a decade ago as I was exposed to 2 pts who had developed shingles at the hospital I work for; I was told that I had the antibodies either through prior exposure or inmunity. What s your opinion? Thank you in advance. Patricia
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012