Experiencing head reeling, took medicines, problem recurred. Heaviness in head. Cause and treatment?

I have experienced head reeling i.e. I feel like falling after waking up from sleep. I have the experience twice and I have consulted a doctor. He advised me to take vertigon and also antacids and take rest. I got cured after 10 days, but after one month, now I am suffereing from the same problem. I feel heaviness in my head, I am also taking vertigon since last 3 days. Can I know what may be the possible causes for this? Shall I continue with the present treatment of consult a speacialist?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012