Experienced severe pain in right ovary and ache in lower back. Mother died of ovarian cancer. Concerned What to do?

The past few days I have experienced somewhat severe pain in my right ovary. The severety comes and goes but is really painful at times. Today it has been accompanied by a hard ache in my lower right back. All this is concerning me especially, because my mother died of ovarian cancer almost 2 years ago. She was 82, but I am only 57. I had my last period at 52. I assume I need to be checked out by my GYN, but is it necessary that it is urgent? I am out of town an plan to be for another 10 days. Please help me. I am unsure about what is going on with me and what is important to do!! Thanks! MaryC.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013