Experienced cramps and felt like water running out of the body. Had light blood discharge. Suggestion?

Hello Yesteday after a long day I took a shower and was getting ready for bed when all of a sudden it felt like water was running out of me and it was dark brown, no smell. I did experience a couple of cramps throughout the day but it was nothing i never felt before. But my stomach was not hurting and I had no pain....I thought maybe my period was coming...which would be early....i wore a tampon last night but it was very little blood on it this morning and it was still dark brown I am 48 yrs old and I did have a lot of activity yesterday walking for an hr
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

As your age is 48, you are in premenopausal age, hormonal variations are common in this age group. Which results in irregular bleeding. Not to worry.

Consult your gynecologist for examination, may need to get endometrial study by ultrasound for endometrial thickness And PAP smear.

Hope this helps you.