Excessive sweating while asleep, kindly suggest

My 6 year old daughter sweats excessively while sleeping. There have been nights where she fell asleep in my bed and after we moved her to her bed, we have had to change the sheets of my bed before we could go to sleep. I keep the ceiling fan in her room turned on and only cover her with a sheet and small blanket. She sleeps in a thin tank top. Her pediatrician told me to cut back on her caffeine intake, however she only drinks the occasional glass of Ice T when we go out to eat, or the occasional glass of Chocolate Milk. She has never been allowed to drink caffeinated soft drinks and she doesn't eat a lot of chocolate either. Is this something that she will out grow, or is it a sign of something else?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Jan 2011
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare magic
Check her thyroid status, If high needs treatment, else leave it alone, will settle later