Excessive sweating on palms and feet,treatment option other than ETS

Hi Doctor, I am 30 years age guy from Bangalore. I have excessive sweating problem on my feet and palms since childhood. This is hereditary in my family. This problem is with my mother and also with my brother. I have no control over this sweating. When it starts & stops I have absolutely no control over it. Usually it stops when I asleep. Usually when it is hot climate it sweats more. It doesn’t depends on any of my anxiety. It sweats even if I am not nervous. I tried many anti-perspirants, deodorants & homeopathy. I used online products like DRYSOL, aluminium chloride in ethyl alcohol - but nothing works . I am afraid and don’t want to go for surgical treatments like ETS. Can you please suggest what should I do? Is there any hospital in Bangalore you would recommend for treatment? Also please tell me which department should I approach in a hospital - Dermatology or Neurology ? Thanks Doctor.
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012