Episodes of shortness of breath. Family history of heart arrhythmia. What could be wrong?

I had two occurrences of loss of breath while in the shower this morning. The first was a sudden, stunning loss of air where I thought I was choking from water but realized that the water was not streaming on my face and I had no water in my mouth. It was strong enough and lasted long enough that I started to think how do I get out of the shower and call 911. It took awhile before I had caught my breath again. Shortly later, maybe 2-3 minutes, I was still in the shower and it occurred again, same sensation but much less severe. I am concerned since my mother passed away suddenly last spring from a heart arrhythmia (she fell asleep and did not wake up).
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013