Episode of rapid hearts, took hours to come down, BP under control with medicines. Serious?

I m 77 years old. To yesterday I have been perfect in my Doctor s checking of my heart . I have controlled (by medication ) high blood pressure . Yesterday, as I finished putting some insecticide to ants, I came to sit to watch television and my heart was super-fast. I drank some water and that seemed to help a little, then, I checked my blood pressure and it was normal (118, 76, and 150 for my pulse (which scared me!). To make this a little shorter, it took about an hour for my pulse to come down to 80 (I always are at 60). My question to you, so far this is the first time this has happened to me, and this morning I am perfect at 122, 65, 66. Thank you for advising me if this is dangerous. Sorry! I don t have enough money in the bank right now. I may check with you some time later, after I go to the bank.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012