Epigastric pain going into back and shoulders, nausea, vomiting, rib cage pain. Had gall bladder removed. Any idea?

I had my gallbladder removed in May 2012 and I felt great afterwards. Now a few months later, I started getting severe epigastric pain that goes into my back and shoulder blades. It is so painful that it stops me in my tracks. It will usually last from 15 minutes to half an hour. I get this usually a few times a week. I feel nauseous when it is happening and sometimes vomiting makes it feel a bit better. I know I am about to get it as I usually feel a pain in my lower left ribcage or lower right ribcage before it happens. Any idea what this could be?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012