Elephant Leg Treatment

hi my mother suffering from elephant leg disease is there is any treatment in chennai or chidambaram
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. you can contact KS Hospital, Kilpauk, Chennai.

747, Poonamallee High Road, Kilpauk , Chennai- 600010 , Tamil Nadu

Opposite Pachaiyappas College

2. In the mean time please let us know that whether the disease is active or has progressed to complications i.e. Lymphoedema, and continue with DEC (hetrazan) till further appointment is made
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Diethylcarbamazine (DEC): This drug is effective against both microfilaria and adult worms. Albendazole: This anthelmintic drug is shown to destroy the adult filarial worms when given in doses of 400mg twice daily for two weeks.
These are the medical protocal of treatment disease you can visit any hospital nearby for treatment
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
have shalipad gaj kesari with punarnava gugul along with viranga arisht and punarnava arisht.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
Take Tab.Shlipadari Ras 2tabs thrice a day
Tab. Vriddhi Vardhikahara Vati 1tab thrice a day
Tab.Gokshuradi Guggul 1tab thrice daily
Tab.Chandraprabha vati 1 tab thrice a day
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
Yes it is available at MMC Madras Medical College and at all leading hospitals of Chidambaram also. I dont know the exact cause , evolution , progression, of disease in your case and i cant examine the patient from here ////// However there are good medicines available for this disease.So take her to the doctor immediately. She may require Surgical intervention if it is not controlled by medicines completely.
Good Luck!!!!!!!