Early stages of Parkinson's disease. Found painless lump on Adam's apple. Any suggestion?

I am a 63 year old male in excellent health but in very early stages of Parkinson s disease. Beginning last week I had the occasional sensation of something caught in my throat , especially when swallowing . Last night I found a lump on the side of my adam s apple. It is hard and painless, about 1 cm in diameter, and moves when I swallow. I of course intend to have my doctor check to see what it is, but I would like to know what the possibilities are.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013