Ear bleeding after using cotton bud. Ear ache, blocked ear. How long to clear up?

I was cleaning my ears with a cotton bud when it slipped. I have been to the hospital and they said I have not damaged my ear drum but there is bleeding there and ripped some skin. This happened four days ago I have had ear ache ever since and my ear seems blocked and muffled and my hearing had slightly gone from that ear and I can hear ringing. Do you know how long it will take to clear up and I get my hearing back? As it is so fustrating hearing my self talk. Would be great if you could get back to me. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013