During taking solid food it used to stuck in my throat

hi, during taking solid food it used to stuck in my throat i haveto take a sip of water to swallow it. what are the reason and possible treatment
Asked On : Mon, 1 Aug 2011
hi welcome to HCM.difficulty in swallowing is called dysphagia.the causes are too many like achalasia cardia,chronic oesophagitis.aortic aneurysm.enlarged lymph nodes,scleroderma,acid reflux its better get it investigate for proper diagnosis and treatment.
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth.P's  Response

Causes would be Peptic esophagitis, esophageal web, candida esophagitis, Pharyngitis, Systemic sclerosis, Achalasia cardia, Carcinoma.

It needs detailed evaluation starting with preliminary investigations and proceeding further accordingly.

The investigations would start with X-ray, and with a contrast like barium, CT, MRI, Manometry.

Hope I have answered your query.