Dry, sore, itchy eyes. Difficulty sleeping. What should I do?

Hi I am having a lot of trouble with my eyes. Theye are very very dry and sore and itchy and when I loook at them in the mirror the schlera in both eyes has a weird jelly-like second skin that seems to fold and overlap the coloured part of my eye. The problem is very irritating and has been waking me up several times through the night each night so I am having trouble sleeping as a result. What could this be and what should I do about it?? I have tried antihistamine eye drops with no relief and have also tried moisturising gel drops. Both seemed to worsen the problem through the night and only provided minutes of moisturising relief when used day or night. Help!! Th ankyou
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013