Dry painful nose.

I have had dry painful nose. I constantly have to blow my nose. Frequent nose bleeds is this serious
Asked On : Tue, 22 Feb 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Frequently dry nose could be due to inadequate moisture. You could be having allergy as a possible co-existing condition. You can do steam inhalation. Avoid blowing your nose hard or inserting anything inside the nose. Get your blood pressure checked. Get a thorough checkup by your ENT Doctor and get required treatment. Avoid exposure to smoke, dust, pollution, use handkerchief if unavoidable. Eat healthy. Drink plenty of water.
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. The situation you are facing is a common issue and not very serious. Recurrent cold can cause drying of mucus in nose and crusting. It is the forcefull removal of this crust which causes bleeding from nose. You must do steam inhalation and avoid picking your nose. Consult and ENT doctor. Wish you good health.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that there iare deposition of crusts in your nose and due to repeated cleaning with fingers or handkerchief there may be crackes produced giving rise to infection.
Go for treatment of cold,rhinitis.
Apply antibiotic cream or Vaseline in the nose.
Avoid dry atmosphere.
Ok and bye.
Homeopath Dr. Gaurav Kackar's  Response
Welcome to Health Care Forum,
You may be suffering from recurrent cough and cold where there is crust formation inside your nose, and when you blows your nose because of force full nose blowing these thick crusts they get detached from nasal cavity and result in nose bleeds. you should take Homeopathic treatment for this solution.
For more info you can mail us at or visit us at