Dry nose and throat after using Oxymetazoline. Chest pain and cough. Anything to activate mucus production?

I am struggling with chronically dry nose and throat after overuse of topical decongestant , oxymetazoline which I stopped three years ago. The condition of my nose and throat is getting worse with every month and now I have a chest pain/burning and cough after I wake up.It makes me very concerned about my lungs. I am using humidifier , saline spray and was treated with steroid spray which did not help. Is there anything which would activate my mucus production and help regeneration of my mucosa? Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012