Done shoulder surgery. Irregular heartbeat. Low blood pressure, faint, dizziness. Need for worry?

Hi, my Mother had reconstructive surgery on her shoulder and a plate put in her wrist just four weeks ago.She had a fall. She suffers from irregular heartbeat and is on asiprin. I took her blood pressure just now and it was 101 over 52 which seems low to me. She is 82 and weighs 182lbs. When we were doing her exercises she felt faint and dizzy Should I be worried?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Hello, and welcome to HCM!

The blood pressure you mention is not abnormally low, in fact it is excellent! However, if your mother is feeling faint and dizzy, especially when exercising, this could be caused by a cardiovascular problem, such as aortic stenosis, sick sinus syndrome, congestive heart failure or many others. You mention irregular heartbeat. If this is caused by atrial fibrillation, her dizziness could be a serious problem. She should be examined by her family physician/internist as soon as possible.

I wish you good health, and thank you for posting on HCM!