Done root canal. Swollen and painful gum. Taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol but no relief

hi, i had a root canal a week ago, i still have to go back, as he only removed the root, to remove the pain, he had a cancellation, and i coulnt stand the pain anymore. that tooth is sensetive, which he said would happen, but my gum, i a little swollen, and hurts, i am tking 600 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hrs nd using 1000 mg of tylenol in between. i get pain every 3 hrs so have to use the tylenol too. i am on an antibiotic too, but it doesnt seem to be helping
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013