Done laparoscopy for PCOD. Why do I still have irregular periods?

HELLO DOCTOR , IAM A PCOD PATIENT ,IN MARCH 2012 I DID MY LAPROSCOPY . IN MARCH MY PERIODS WAS ON 2ND ,APRIL 2ND BUT IN MAY STILL I DIDNT GET .YESTURDAY I DID A BLOOD TEST BUT WAS NEGATIVE.WHY AGAIN IRREGULAR PERIODS EVEN AFTER LAP??? PLS ADVICE ME AND SHOULD I NEED TO TAKE DULPHASTON FOR PERIODS???????IAM 26 YR AND TRYING TO HAVE A BABY FOR PAST THREE YRS? SHUD IT B POSSIBLE FOR ME???PLS REPLY TO MY QUERIES AS EARLIEST
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012
Hi I am Dr.D.Karthiga Sasi Kumar from Pondicherry
Welcome to Health Care Magic. I understand your concern.
PCOD always presents with irregular periods and it is no wonder that infertility also coexists.If you had undergone a laproscopic ovarian drilling, then the chances for conception is more provided your partner does not have any problem. If you had just a diagnostic laproscopy, both of you should undergo further investigations and take a proper treatment to acheive pregnancy.Mere laproscopy alone will not cure the PCOD.Since your UPT is negative this time, you can take drugs to gain periods after consulting a gynaecologist. There are chances to conceive a baby if you are dedicated and seeking a proper treatment.
Hope this answer satisfies your query.
Feel free to consult me in future if necessary .

Thank you.