Done Coronary Angiography. What does the reports indicate?

MY FATHER AGE 62 AND HIS CORONARY AGIOGRAPHY REPORT IS LMCA : Long & normal LAD: TYPE III VESSEL IN DISTRIBUTION. PROXIMAL SEGEMNT 70% STENOSIS EXTREMELY INTO MID SEGMENT. D1 HAS OSTIAL 90% STENOSIS. D2 IS LARGE & 70% STENOSIS IN MID SEGMENT. LCX : NON DOMINANT & NORMAL. RCA : DOMINAT & NORMAL. PDA & PLV ARE NORMAL. RENAL : BILATERAL RENALS ARE NORMAL IMPREESSION : SINGLE VESSEL DISEASE.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Dear Varsha, Welcome to HCM.
the angiography sadly indicates a block in the LAD, the artery of the left side of the heart. there are narrowings at 3 places 70-90 % which are significant.
so a single vessel coronary heart disease.
does he get chest pain, sweating, breathlessness?
other tests must have been done. he will be offered angioplasty / stentingalong with medications.
pl. act on your cardiologist's advice and take care.
all the best for him. !
keep me posted on his progress.
General & Family Physician Dr. Kulbir Singh's  Response
Hello varsha and thanks for the query
Your father report says that he has Coronary Artery Disease : Single Vessel Disease. Our heart has three major arteries Two on left side: LAD and LCX and one on the right side: RCA. Any block more than 70% in these artery can cause Heart Attack any time and needs immediate revascularization with PTCA (Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty) + stent implantation or CABG . D1 and D2 are the branches of LAD and block or stenosis in these branches may need to be open depending on the area the branch is supplying.
Your father is not a candidate for Coronary Artery Byepass Graft Surgery (CABG) because he has block in only one artery of left side and it may be easily revasculized with angioplasty only.
Angioplasty is a easier procedure for patient and patient usually recovers in 2 days.
My advise to you is that consult your cardiologist and get the treatment as early as possible.
Best Wishes and get well soon