Dog ears scars, lump seen after surgery

I had a scar revision last year and had dog ears on each side of the scar that devloped and i was told to wait a couple months and i did and they never went away, so my surgeon decided to remove them. Its been about nine months since than and i still have a large lump where one of the dog ears was removed, i was told to wait a couple more months and he would re-evaluate, ive been massaging it very consistently since the surgery and im still very displeased with the lump. Should i seek out a new surgeon or just wait as advised?
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
Thanks for writing in.

Since it has been 9 months following your surgery, the healing of the are after surgery is almost over. You could wait for a. purple of months and the if your doctor is unable to guide you with a possible curative solution, meeting up with another doctor can be thought of.

The tissues should heal completely in a years time after surgery. This involves healing by formation of granulation tissue with clear and smooth scar formation. As you write about a large lump in the operated area, it is important to know what is the structure which is causing such a lump. An ultrasound scan or CT scan may help in knowing what's going on below the skin.

Hope this helps