Does having intercourse 2 days before ovulation make me pregnant ?

hi i have my ovulation regularly on 13th i had sex two days before my periods, and as regular i got the periods this month.please suggest me whether the sperm will be alive till my next ovulation. and whether i will become pregnant
Asked On : Mon, 5 Sep 2011
Thanks for query,
sorry sperms will not remain live for these days.
Go for sex 1-2 days prior to your expected ovulation.
Okand bye.

General & Family Physician Dr. Girish B.Raj's  Response
Hi Priya,
welcome to healthcare magic.The usual life span of sperm is around 7days in the female reproductive since you had your periods after intercourse this month,there is no possibility of the sperms to be alive till next ovulation can become pregnant,have intercourse one week before or after the periods,preferably before periods(ovulation),two or three times a week.This increase the chances of getting pregnant.
Hope this answers your query.Will be available to answer your follow up queries.Wish you good health.Take care.