Does exercise cause muscle tears and further exercising affect the previously torn muscles ?

Age: 20 Inactive. Last physical was normal. I haven t been very active in the last few weeks, and I think as a result I have had sharp pains (muscle tears ) all over my calves and by my thighs. I have also noticed that I have been getting small, painless bumps on my thighs, and I was wondering if these are due to the muscle tearing, like shin splints . And my legs are somewhat tingly, is this due to muscle repair? I want to exercise, but I am so nervous about tearing more muscles, or re-tearing previously torn muscles.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jul 2011