Does delay in periods mean pregnancy ?

Ive had my period regurlarly for 5 moths now but my 6th one should have came yesterday or today. Could I be pregnant??
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011
there maybe delay in period sometimes,if you have had unprotected sex it's better you wait for a day or two and get a pregnancy detection kit and test such delay by one or two days maybe due to stress also but if it is delayed beyond that it's better to get the pregnancy test done.
take care.

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Jasvinder Singh's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.I can understand your anxiety related to delayed menstrual cycle. Pregnancy is the most common cause of absence of menstruation (amenorrhea). You can do a urine pregnancy test after 7-10 days of your missed periods, and if it is negative consult a gynecologist. Your doctor would do a serum hcg test/ultrasound uterus to confirm/rule out pregnancy and rule out other causes of delayed periods.
If pregnancy is ruled out and periods don’t come then the other causes may include conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland. It could be hypothyroidism, polycystic ovarian syndrome or less frequently a pituitary tumor causing high prolactin levels or a hypothalamic disease.

You have to consult a gynecologist to get it evaluated. Hope it helps you. Regards.