Does anyone have weird chest pains that last for only a few seconds ?

Does anyone have weird chest pains that last for only a few seconds? For about a year or more, I ve been having these odd, dull chest pains on my left side (right in the area of my heart). The pain only lasts for about 5 seconds or so, then goes away, then comes back about 10 seconds later, and lasts for 5 seconds, then leaves, then comes back again..... It repeats for hours at a time, then may suddenly go away for days. It always comes back though. I thought it had to do with breathing, but even when I hold my breath, I feel the pain? What on Earth could this be??? My B/P runs a little high, about - 150/80. Any suggestions or comments from doctors or others with this condition would be much appreciated. For about a year or more, I ve been having these odd, dull chest pains on my left side (right in the area of my heart). The pain only lasts for about 5 seconds or so, then goes away, then comes back about 10 seconds later, and lasts for 5 seconds, then leaves, then comes back again..... It repeats for hours at a time, then may suddenly go away for days. It always comes back though. I thought it had to do with breathing, but even when I hold my breath, I feel the pain? What on Earth could this be??? My B/P runs a little high, about - 150/80. Any suggestions or comments from doctors or others with this condition would be much appreciated. I know its definitely not heartburn, as I m very familiar with that feeling. It s definitely my heart. Its directly underneath my ribs on my left side.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009