Does Kalms help with nervousness? Heart racing

Hi I was wondering if you can help me. I have a presentation that i have to do coming up next week at work and I am so nervous about it. My heart keeps racing really fast and I am shaking with worry about doing the prsentation in front of people. I got told to try kalms - do they help at all with nerves? My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012
Hi Kundinger,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Kalms, is a traditional drug remedy, it boasts of great relief in anxiety and improve performance but actually has been not tested in trials as is true of all it's traditional cousins.
I would say not to trust them, it can even increase the symptoms; even then if you want to take it, I would suggest you should take it beforehand so that you do not suffer at presentation.
Rather you should consult a psychiatrist, he would prescribe you the medicines proven to be of benefit and you can take them.
Trying to speak and do rehearsal before a big mirror/ with friends would also help.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!