Does Glimiprex damage pancreas? Should a switch be made to Glycomet?

Hello Doc! My father (65 in age) is a diabetic. He usually gets FBS done fortnightly with readings increased from 92 to 116 in 4 different readings in 2 months. He was taking Glimiprex (half tablet of 1mg once daily) but has lately been advised from a different doctor to switch to Glycomet SR 1000mg 1 tablet daily. The doctor raised a doubt regarding Glimiprex that it might damage his pancreas slowly. Is it true & should he switch his medicine? My father is not v particular about his exercise & diet regime though, which i think should be a reason for increase in his FBS levels. Also, the dosage was reduced from 1mg tablet a day to half tablet a day.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013