Do not have periods. Had breakthrough bleeding. USG normal. PAP smear shows polyp on cervix. Normal to bleed?

I am 56 years old, and stopped having periods a couple years ago. A month ago, there was an incident of very light breakthrough bleeding for 3 days. I had an uterine ultrasound and the results were fine. Then I went for my annual obgyn exam, and while doing the pap smear , the dr. said she saw a polyp on my cervix that was too small for her to remove. I have a biopsy scheduled in a couple weeks. Meanwhile, ever since the pap smear, I have been bleeding from my vagina every day -- sometimes light, sometimes heavy. Is this amount of bleeding normal when one has a polyp on the cervix? Is it normal to feel some soreness in the pelvic region when one has a polyp on the cervix? Is it normal to feel a general malaise as a result of the polyp on the cervix? Is it OK to exercise when experiencing breakthrough bleeding due to the polyp? If I felt like having sex with my husband, would it be OK to do so? Thank you for your answer. Judy
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012