Do hormonal changes during puberty cause weight gain ? What exercises can I do to reduce belly fat ?

Hello i m a 15 year old boy and is in the middle of puberty and lately i ve been gaining weight. Before the winter i use to be very active and exercise a lot. I use to play Wide Receiver in football and use to weight 129 LBs and after the winter i ve been gaining weight. I didn t really work out in the winte or did i eat correctly. i have always had a high metabolism and ate many fats and food even before i started gaining weight and never gained a thing. I use to drink soda everyday for about 2 months and even the i still haven t gain a pound. Now lately I have only been on my laptop sitting in bed and playing drums. Now i have belly fat and gain 9 pounds in a matter of 2 weeks. I have never have belly fat and i don t want to keep it. First thing i want to know if puberty has anything to do with this weight gain or is it just because i have been lazy lately. And if it is because i m being lazy can you tell what to do to lose the belly fat? I use to be able to do 60 push ups a day now i can barely do 20 in a matter of 3 months.
Asked On : Sun, 29 May 2011