Do I really need to go to the doctor for Leg wound.. green and numb ?

Last week I got hit by a wooden chair in the front of my shin. It left like a hole in my leg. Now the hole is filled with a sticky, thick green puss type of thing. I poured alcohol on it, expecting great pain and felt nothing. I rubbed alcohol directly into the wound with a q-tip and realized it is completely numb. It also itches a lot. I was trying to hold off on going to the doctor as I don't have health insurance. Do I really need to go to the doctor? Why would it be numb?
Asked On : Fri, 28 May 2010