Do I need to go for a pregnancy test if I get my periods ? What medication must be taken to prevent painful periods ?

hi, i am 34 yr unmarried girl, had protected sex on 26 june(3rd day of my periods) , took unwanted 72 next day, today i started my periods for this month with very much pain , i m taking pain killer as well. Now should i go for pregnancy test , is it require
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jul 2011
Hi,thanks for query.There are practically no chances of pregnancy in your case,first you had protected sex,second you took EC pills in time and third and most important you had your periods ,which puts speculation to rest.Do not worry.If you do not want pregnancy and having regularly active sex life then please use regular form of contraception.
wishing you good health.
If you are going to mensturate then it in ok. There is no need to go for pregnancy test. Pain killer is not the solution for that, you have to consult with some specialist. Earlier your periods were without pain, now it started that some problem has occured. Go to some gyn specialist or consult with a homeo physician.
Take care of yourself.
Dr Minhas