Dizzy spells, chemical smell, hearing loss and ringing in the ear. Starting of migraine or vertigo?

Hi I have been having these dizzy spells which consist of first feeling dizzy, then vertigo , then a weird chemical smell, and then slight hearing loss/ears ringing, and finally afterwards I don t remember much of what happened 5-10 mins before. I have been to the E.R. for them before as they have happened many many times in one day to where I could not go to school or do much of anything. I was told that they were the start of a migraine . I don t see how this is.. sometimes I do get a headache afterwards. Please help!
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013